|The Big Show hosts Bob Quinn and Mark Pearson |
interview Governor Branstad and Secretary Northey.
Did You Know?
- An acre of corn is about as big as a football field.
- In 2011, Iowa corn farmers grew almost 2.3 billion bushels of corn on 13.7 million acres.
- For 2012, Iowa corn farmers are expected to plant 14.6 million acres of corn!
- One bushel of corn converts to about 5.6 pounds of retail beef, 13 pounds of retail pork, 28 pounds of catfish, or 32 pounds of chicken.
- AND, one bushel of corn used in ethanol production produces 2.7 gallons of ethanol AND 17 pounds of animal feed in the form of dried distillers grains.